Sunday, November 15, 2009

Book Review- I Dare You

The book I Dare You, by William H. Danforth is one of the best motivational books that I have read this far. It focuses not only on motivational tools for athletics, but it also focuses on motivational tools for life in general. One of my favorite quotes from the book is:
“I dare you to think bigger, to act bigger, and to be bigger. I dare you to think creatively. I dare you to lead and inspire others. I dare you to build character. I dare you to share. And I promise you a richer and more exciting life if you do!”

The book was published in 2003, though it has the feel that it was written quite a while ago. It is an easy read, as the book is only 152 pages long. The books main message focuses on four main pillars in life, and the four key components in life need to be in balance at all times Physical, Mental, Social, and Religious.

Danforth also co-founded the American Youth Foundation, which is an organization designed to develop young men and women, and help them prepare themselves for a life of responsibility and leadership. The book really emphasizes leadership and being a good leader.

“I dare you, boys and girls, to make life obey you, not you it. It is only a shallow dare to do the foolish things. I dare you to do the uplifting, courageous things.” Danforth pushes the readers to be a strong person, and to take risks and do the things that they really believe in and truly want to do with their lives.

I really enjoyed the book I Dare You. It is inspirational, and it gives easy points and easy passages that inspire you to be a great leader. The book can be purchased on amazon.com in a hardback or paperback edition for a very reasonable price.

No comments:

Post a Comment