Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Conclusion:

With the semester wrapping up, this will be my last post on my blog. I hope that some of my posts have provided some insight into what Division I athletics is really about.

Growing up, it was never my dream to go on and play college sports. I always played for the love of the game, and put in the hours on end because it was something that I enjoyed doing. I can not thank my parents enough for not pushing me towards collegiate athletics. They have always been supportive in all of my decisions, but it was never a topic of discussion that I needed to play a college sport. They wanted me to make my own decision on whether I wanted to continue my career, and it was pressures off when I was choosing a college. They have always looked out for my best interests, and they have always been my biggest fans.

I would not be where I am today without the neverending support of my family and friends. I have had so many coaches over the years, and they have always been there for me in whatever my endeavors have been.

Playing a collegiate sport is not a decision that should be taken lightly. It is the most time consuming, stressful, and aggravating thing that I have ever done. You put in hours upon hours and it can feel like it is never going to end. It is also the most fun, exhilarating, and overall best experience I have ever had. I would not trade the 5:30am workout alarm clock for anything. The people that I have met, and the experiences that I have had make everything worth it in the end. I have met some of the most amazing people through collegiate athletics, and taken some of the most amazing trips.

When deciding if a Division I sport is right for you, there are so many things that you should keep in mind. Make your decision from your heart, and follow what your gut instincts are telling you. It is too big of a commitment to be unhappy, and college is supposed to be the best four years of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment