Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Introdution

Hello,
I am writing this blog as a semester long class project for Accounting 255. Throughout the next few months I will be discussing NCAA Division I athletics.

I am going to start with a brief history of the NCAA:
  • First called the IAAUS, the organization was officially constituted on March 31, 1906.
  • The organization changed their name to the NCAA (National Collegiate Athletics Association) in 1910.
  • The first national championship was held in track and field.
  • The national headquarters is located in Kansas City, Missouri.
  • World War II brought about the "sanity code," which established rules for recruiting and financial aid.
  • The NCAA was divided into 3 divisions (I, II, III) in 1973.
  • Women's athletics became a part of the NCAA in 1980.
All of this information and more can be found at www.ncaa.com

No comments:

Post a Comment